Assembling PL-259 Connector on Coax: (For Shakespeare brand, See
1. Cut the end of the coax cable off square.
2. Carefully remove 1-1/16" (2.7 cm) of the vinyl jacket from the end of the cable
with a sharp knife. not a razor blade. Do not nick the braid.
3. Remove 3/4" ( 1.9 cm) of both the braid and center conductor insulation from the
end of the coax. Do not nick center conductor.
4. Slide the coupling ring and then the adapter onto the coax, well up and out of your
5. Position the adapter flush with the end of the coax.
6. Fold the braid back over the adapter and press it down over the body of the adapter.
Here's the important
7. Slip the insulated adapter washer over the center conductor and its insulation so the
washer butts against the braid.
8. Screw the plug sub-assembly fully on the adapter ( you may need to use pliers to snug